SFC Phonenumber

Carer’s Support Grants available

Date: Wednesday, August 3rd 2011
Categories: All Leicestershire Money & Benefits

If you care for an adult for 28 hours or more a week, who has a terminal or long-term degenerative illness; mental ill health; or a physical, sensory or learning disability, you may be entitled to extra financial help via a Carer's Support Grant (funded by Leicestershire County Council). 

The aim of the one-off grant (worth up to £250 per financial year) is to give carers a break from caring, to reduce the impact of caring on your health and wellbeing, whilst giving you the support you need to continue in your caring role.

The grant can be used to pay for things such as short breaks, respite care or a sitting service, physical work around your home like gardening, decorating and housework, gym membership, driving lessons, transport to hospital appointments, home appliances or assistive technology. 

If you already receive support from the Council you can apply for a grant via them by calling the Adults & Communities Department  on 0116 305 0004. 

If you don't receive any support from the Council you can still apply through Support for Carers. Call Diane, Gurjit or Jacqui on 0845 689 9510 or email [email protected]

The grant has been available from 1st April 2011 and the number of grants are limited so please don't delay in applying. Unfortunately, the grant allocation for Oadby and Wigston District has been used up for this financial year, but please feel free to get in touch with us to find out more about other sources of financial support for carers. 

Read more about the Carer's Support Grant

Find out more about financial help for carers

(0) Comments:

There are no comments for this news item yet. Why not start the discussion? - use the form below:

Leave a Comment:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Back to Top