Leicester’s Hospitals update their Carers Charter
Date: Tuesday, July 16th 2019
Leicester's Hospitals have revised their Carers Charter.
If the person you care for is admitted to hospital, they will:
- Let you visit outside normal visiting hours (only one person at a time)
- Understand that you know the patient better than them
- Keep you informed about what is happening
- Involve you in decisions and care (with the patient's permission)
- Include you in ward rounds
- Support the patient while you take a break
- Talk to you about support available in hospital and in the community
It will be up to the Ward Manager's discretion if carers wish to stay with the patient overnight.
"Leicester's Hospitals" includes Leicester Royal Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital and Leicester General Hospital.
There are no comments for this news item yet. Why not start the discussion? - use the form below:
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.