What we offer
“A big thank you to everyone at Support for Carers who were such a support and help to me last autumn. I was new to caring and often didn’t know where to go next, but I always got an answer and support from you.”
We’re here to provide independent information and support to carers in Leicestershire, with the aim of helping you look after your own health and wellbeing, as well as the person you care for.
Are you a carer?
Often, carers see themselves as someone who’s simply looking after a loved one or friend. But, if the person you care for couldn’t cope without you and you don’t get paid then you’re a carer, and you deserve help and support.
Our service is free and includes:
- A telephone advice line open Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm.
- Carers Support Groups – meet other carers whilst socialising and having fun. Groups are held monthly in every district of Leicestershire.
- Online Carers Support Groups - as above but over Zoom! 7pm second Wed, 2pm second Friday, 7pm fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Telephone Befriending Service – talk regularly to someone neutral, who gets where you're coming from
- Care for Carers – help to look after your own health and wellbeing.
- Facebook – an easy and convenient way to chat to other carers and find out what's on. Look for @VASLSupportForCarers
- Twitter - follow us @support4carers
- Instagram - follow us @supportforcarers
- Free courses for carers – find out what’s on near you.
- Carers Tips – helpful hints from local carers.
- Information for professionals – refer a carer for help.
- Carers Passport - see link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZtF4xquc0&t=4s