What we offer
“A big thank you to everyone at Support for Carers who were such a support and help to me last autumn. I was new to caring and often didn’t know where to go next, but I always got an answer and support from you.”
We’re here to provide independent information and support to carers in Leicestershire, with the aim of helping you look after your own health and wellbeing, as well as the person you care for.
Are you a carer?
Often, carers see themselves as someone who’s simply looking after a loved one or friend. But, if the person you care for couldn’t cope without you and you don’t get paid then you’re a carer, and you deserve help and support.
Our service is free and includes:
- A telephone advice line open Mon-Thurs from 9am-5pm and on Fri from 9am-4.30pm.
- Carers Support Groups – meet other carers whilst socialising and having fun.
- Telephone Befriending Service – talk to someone who understands at a time to suit you.
- Buddying Scheme – get to know other carers in the same situation as you.
- Care for Carers – help to look after your own health and wellbeing.
- Online Forum – join in the conversation privately and confidentially.
- Facebook Group – an easy and convenient way to chat to other carers.
- Free courses for carers – find out what’s on near you.
- Carers Tips – helpful hints from local carers.
- Information for professionals – refer a carer for help.
Want to know more?
Call us on 0845 689 9510 or email email@example.com