Support for Carers Leicestershire supports carers throughout the county. The service is run by Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL), a community-based organisation with a long and successful history of supporting carers. We’re here to help anyone who’s a carer in Leicestershire, whether you care full-time or for just a few hours a week.
Our mission is to inform and support carers in all communities throughout Leicestershire; to improve carers' quality of life, promote their health and well-being and to encourage them to make real choices about their lives.
Our service is free and includes:
- A telephone advice line open Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm and on Friday from 9am-4.30pm.
- Carers Support Groups – meet other carers whilst socialising and having fun.
- Telephone Befriending Service – talk to someone who understands at a time to suit you.
- Buddying Scheme – get to know other carers in the same situation as you.
- Care for Carers – help to look after your own health and wellbeing.
- Online Forum – join in the conversation privately and confidentially.
- Facebook Group – an easy and convenient way to chat to other carers.
- Free courses for carers – find out what’s on near you.
- Carers Tips – helpful hints from local carers.
- Information for professionals – refer a carer for help.
Want to know more?
Call us on 01858 468 543 or email [email protected]
Support for Carers Leicestershire is funded by Leicestershire County Council
VASL are proud to be affiliated to Investing in Volunteers (IiV) the UK quality standard for good practice in volunteer management.
By being part of IiV we are able to:
• Enhance our volunteers’ experience and increase their motivation
• Strengthen our reputation and encourage more people to volunteer
• Minimise risk, maintain knowledge, and plan for the future