Hospital Discharge Grants for Carers
Are you a carer?
If you look after, help or support someone who wouldn't be able to manage everyday life without your help, and you are not employed to do it, then you are an unpaid carer.
- Does the cared for person live within Leicestershire County?
- Have they been discharged from hospital in the last 4 weeks?
- Have they needed your help and support to keep them safe and cared for?
- Have you incurred any additional costs resulting from the discharge of the person you care for, from hospital? for example - cleaning, housework, short-term sitting service, carer's loss of income due to time off work
If "YES" you may be entitled to some support from the Hospital Discharge Grant for Carers
* Please note this is a one off grant for carers looking after residents in the Leicestershire County and is only applicable for discharges from 1st January 2023
Carers can apply in any one of these ways:
- Completing the online application form here - to avoid delays please upload evidence, e.g. a photo or scan of the hospital discharge letter. We cannot proceed until we have seen this.
- Calling VASL on 01858 468543
- Emailing [email protected] and VASL will complete the application form on your behalf
- Speak to your health and social care professional who can help to complete the form on your behalf. They will need to upload evidence, e.g. a photo or scan of the hospital discharge letter.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2023